"Sure sure," he replied, digging a few inches into the ground until he hit a trapdoor, which he promptly opened, leading us into a cellar. "oh, it's been far too long." Einstein laughed, and then he turned on the lightbulb (which he must have brought), and I saw the entire ten by ten cellar was filled with stacks of wrapped double-cheesburgers, "want one?" he asked with his mouth already stuffed with a burger that he had to stretch to reach. The cellar was amazing, with stacks of double cheesburgers at least eight feet tall in some places. I accepted his burger. After all, I need all the strength I can get. He must have eaten thirty of them before he decided it was time to go.
"That was the stockpile?"
"Only one of many. I'm going to see if I can locate another one. Off we go." I grabbed my laptop just as we were sucked into the warp stream. It's funny, one moment he seems to be primed to destroy the entire world, and the next, Ludwig is eating cheesburgers in a cellar like he doesn't have a care in the world. He seems to be getting frustrated, though; his experiments don't seem to be going his way.
No comments:
Post a Comment