Moments after I made that last post, Collin and Tad barged through the door. They both looked at me in surprise,
"Good." Collin laughed menacingly.
I was still a minute away from getting into the NYPD system and warning them.
Tad grabbed at me before I could even leave my chair, and pulled me back from the computer. Collin opened my email and read Vanderdecken's email...it was over. Collin called Bob, and told him what he had found. I felt miserable. Just after they hung up, however, a small "beep", signifying a new email, came from my computer. Collin and I both looked anxiously at the email. The sender: The CIA The subject: Urgent Notice to Ben Simmons Regarding the End of the World.
Woah. At that very moment, glass shattered from the other side of the room. My eyes darted to see what had happened, but then smoke appeared everywhere. Tad reached up to cover his face in surprise, and I jumped to the computer to shut it down. Reaching for my laptop, I dove for the door and burst through the other side, straight into Vanderdecken12.
"Ben! What were you still doing it?" he asked.
"There's a bomb!" I reminded him.
"That was a decoy. To buy time. You should've known."
"I didn't want to fail you again!" I pleaded.
A loud crash came from inside. I twisted my head back, and I heard Aleck yell "There isn't much time!"
"Ben!" Vanderdecken said, "Ben, listen to me."
I looked back at him.
"Use your instinct."
I shook my head slowly.
"Aleck and I aren't going to be here to save you. This ones up to you."
"I can't..."
"Do this for me, Ben."
It seemed everything became quiet for a moment. I swallowed.
"The doctor," he paused, "the doctor said I might go as soon as February. I need to know you can handle yourself without me."
We stared in silence for a moment, then Aleck walked out of the smoky room. "They timed-warped out of here. But they'll be back...soon."
I wanted to ask VD12 so many question. But right then, Tad and Collin appeared at the end of the hall.
Aleck looked at me, "Run!"
Vanderdecken12 walked in front me and deflected gunshots. I ran, partly because of the bad guys, partly as though to run away from what I had just heard.
No comments:
Post a Comment