The circumstances represented on this website are fictional and intended for entertainment purposes only.

June 5, 2010

Big Mistake

We rematerialized, yesterday, but then dematerialized before we could move. After another 8 hours, we rematerialized again, but this time, nothing abnormal happened.
"What was that?" Peter asked. Even he knew something went wrong.
"Hmm," Ludwig Einstein thought for a moment, then looked down at his watch, "oh shoot, it's 2027." his face went white, "there's only four minutes!"
"Until what?" I prompted.
"Until Vanderdecken12 enacts his worldwide EMP blocking the use of time-traveling."
"What does that mean??" I freaked out.
"It means," Peter chided, "that in less than four minutes, time machines will be worthless."
"The mistake must have started," Einstein said, "from when he wiped out the younger me's time machine. Must've affected mine too."
"So we can just beam back before it's too late, can't we?" I asked hopefully.
"Nothing's that simple." Einstein shook his head, "carrying so many people has drained my machine's power. It's not going to be able to take us all back."
"Go figures." I muttered.
"and the only way will be to take the shortest route algorithm-wise. In this case, 300 BC. Even that will destroy the machine from the effort. Which is why I can't take you back. If you go back, I'm not going to be able to create a new time machine for centuries while I wait for the right materials, and you'll die before then." He thought for a moment, "but I can go back because I have drunk from the fountain of youth."
"As can I," Aleck stepped forward, "because I have eaten the cookie."
I looked at him in shock, but then remembered that it was in fact true, "then how come you've never said anything? How come you're not insane?"
"Because I could control it better. My training allowed it."
"Then that leaves us two." Peter nodded in acceptance, "any tips before you have to go?"
Ludwig smiled at his bravery, which I must admit, was far above mine, "Use what you know. Be yourselves. That is all." He looked down at his watch and waited until seconds before it was too late, then pressed the button. We were stranded.

No comments: