The circumstances represented on this website are fictional and intended for entertainment purposes only.

May 26, 2009

A March through the City, tinged with doubt

As we walked into the city, all 500 of the soldiers sent to help us cheered. We walked through the city with pride and certainty. There is no way a force of 500 can allow two lone combatants to escape our grasps. However, I was faced with a sad feeling of doubt. Sure, we will accomplish what we are setting out to do, but is that a good thing? And there's Luther Bob walking beside me, shaking his head in pity and it gets harder and harder to remember that what we're doing is vital to the world's success. And then I look over at Aleck, and he, nearly faint with exhaustion, is limping along. And so we walked, down the street, he, who sacrificed so much so that this cookie might be found, and I, wondering if what he sacrificed will all be for nothing in the end.

No comments: