The circumstances represented on this website are fictional and intended for entertainment purposes only.

June 26, 2009

Gregory?

"Where are we?" I asked him the moment we got to the farthest point we could go.
"1795. But I'm not sure this is the farthest. I'm sure we could probably stretch it a couple years. I want to check something out." he walked into a nearby tavern, and I was deserted on the otherwise empty streets in the early morning, and then someone walked up to me.
"Hello, there, Gregory."
"I'm, I'm sorry," I stuttered, "I'm not Gregory. You must be thinking of someone else."
He laughed, then said sternly, "No, I am sure it is you."
I eyed him curiously, "And yet I am sure my name is not Gregory."
"Don't you remember me? I suppose not. You are from the future. You discovered a giant biscuit."
I stared in disbelief. That had to be me, "Sure, but why Gregory?" I asked.
"Oh, that is not your real name, your real name is Vanderdecken12, but you told me never to call you that."
"Why would I do that?"
"You are not looking very good."
"I'm fine. Please answer the question."
"I do not know. You never said. You really are not looking good."
"I don't feel bad at all. When did we first meet?"
"In March of '75, or at least that's the first time we spoke. I believe we saw each other before then, however. You remember?"
"Not a bit."
"Then this is the first time you've met me. You were right about what you said that time travel is very peculiar, and very intriguing. It is sad. This is the last time we meet, and you don't even remember me." he looked curiously at me, "are you sure you're OK?"
"Yes, I'm...fine." I stepped forward but lost my balance and fell.

And that's the last thing I remembered until I came-to on a mattress on the floor. Most likely in his house. My laptop is running really low on juice now. Just a few hours left in it. And now I'm definitely not feeling good. It feels like there is a giant lump in my stomach. And this guy, whose name I don't even know, is taking care of me. I just hope I feel better in the morning.

Vanderdecken12

No comments: