The circumstances represented on this website are fictional and intended for entertainment purposes only.

June 28, 2009

Hospital

I guess this is after the surgery, which would suggest that I survived it. When I first arrived at the 21st century h0spital, I was just about dying from the pain. "Where'd you come from?" a nurse asked.
"The 18th century."
The two nurses who were in the room passed each other a look saying "Oh no, not another insane patient."
"I'm serious. And there's a giant lump in my stomach, and I feel like I'm about to explode. And the mad scientist sent me here and...I'm not helping my case, am I?"
One of them shook their head.
"Listen, you know that famous giant cookie? I found it. My name's Vanderdecken12. Aleck Smart and I-,"
"Oh, Aleck Smart. Wasn't he here for the cookie problem? He had the same symptoms..."
"You mean he was in the 18th century too?"
"No, he was in his right mind, but-," and that's the last thing I heard before passing out. The next thing I remember was a doctor walking into my room, holding a giant mound of...something.
"This may sound a bit odd to you, but not as odd as what you were saying before you passed out. See this?"
I nodded weakly.
"This is cookie dough."
"What?!?"
"There appears to be some trouble with that giant cookie you and Aleck discovered."
"What, the preservatives?"
"No, no, we don't know what those'll do to you yet," (I did not like the way he said "yet"), "it was the yeast-like agent. Apparently, your body is not capable of digesting and disposing of the entire cookie fast enough. Hence, a small amount remains in your intestinal tract. This part started rising, so to speak, causing the pain you were having. Luckily, you and Mr. Smart were the only two to be exposed to the cookie. He has recovered, and you are expected to as well." Then I noticed my wrist; the watch was gone!
"What'd you do to my watch?" I yelled in panic.
"Oh, we kept it safe for you, of course, it's-,"
"Give it to me now!" I felt rude for yelling, but for some things, urgency requires a firm tone, "Give it to me now, or Ben dies!" that did not come out right.
"Wait, calm down, what do you mean?"
"The mad scientist sent me here from the 18th century. That watch is the key to Ben's survival. If I'm not wearing it when he makes me come back, I'll never see Ben again."
"OK," he said in an artificially calm voice, "you're not feeling well from the trauma you went through. Don't worry. You'll recover. And don't worry about Ben, they're still looking for him. They'll find him soon, I assure you."
"No, no they won't. Can I have my watch?"
"It's in a safe place." he said soothingly.
"Fine, you think I'm insane? Fine. If you don't give me my watch, I'll think I turned into a werewolf and completely demolish this room. But if you give me the watch, I'll do everything you tell me to do, and will even act as if I'm not insane." I know that sounds extremely irrational of me, but I was desperate. Besides, the little stunt worked; I got the needed watch back. They're all keeping their distance from me, and I feel a little bad about that, but my main concern is Ben right now. That's all that really matters.

No comments: