"We are heading toward civilization, or at least a bit closer. Now, make sure you are writing all this down. We went back in time by voluntarily getting sucked into a warp hole which connects the late 1700s with a certain amount of time in 2009. However, this is not a very scientific way of putting it, since warp holes are all science fiction, anyway." He pondered this absurd statement for a moment before he continued, "What the machine was really doing was warping us, not to a different time, no, warp holes can never do that, they only bend space! No, it was sucking us to a planet of some sort far, far away. We were in gravitational orbit, and eventually, there came a "tear" from which we could come back. Now, how did we go back in time, you ask? Well, you and I both know, time is relative, or, um, maybe you don't. Essentially, it means that if you are going really, really, really fast, time will slow down, so that when you come out, you will be much farther into the future than you thought. What many people do not know, however, is the gravity plays a large part in this equation. You see, if you are being pulled by a heavy gravitational pull, well, time actually slows down. In fact, GPS satellites have to adjust for the fact that 1 second up there is less than 1 second down here. This is a fact. So that is why you experienced the strong gravitational pull. We had been warped to a place between four very close planets, and were moving slightly between them, causing us to be under the sway of a very strong gravitational force, indeed. There are other factors, of course, which actually allowed time to move backwards, instead of just slowing down. However, I will not get into those because I don't want to blow your little mind away. Just know that time travel to the future does not take as long as time travel to the past, because we will not have any gravity at all where we go to go the the future, and we will be travelling extremely fast, two important factors to add to the other more mysterious ones."
"One more thing you may be wondering; how you were breathing. Well, when we changed times, we took a large pocket of air with us. That is why there was a crater where I landed instead of a hole. Also, there is now a pile of dirt in my lab, because, of course, the dirt, and everything around where I came out, had to go somewhere, so it went where I was before. It is, then, quite possible to send a person to the future when you are sending yourself to the past, or visa versa."
Then his watch beeped, "midnight," he said, "Midnight on the 19th of June, third Sunday of the month..." he stared off into space for a few moments, "I never knew my father." Oh, of course. Father's day, "let's stop here. We will start testing the, the, oh yes, the theories tomorrow." He continued to be lost in thought, "we'll rest here." and he's been asleep for probably an hour now, but I haven't been able to get passed the tossing and turning and groaning about his father, that hypocrite. He thinks nothing of others, only of himself. Does he not care that he's possibly killed Ben by sending him to some unknown place? I suppose not. That mad scientist is cruel, selfish, and heartless, and I do not trust him one bit. I look forward to tomorrow with terrified curiosity at what he will do next. Who knows what it will be? I wouldn't be surprised if that villain has a nuclear bomb in his carpet bag to use for his "tests".
No comments:
Post a Comment