July 26, 2009
Aleck stopped me
I didn't go back immediately yesterday as originally planned. I was about to leave when Aleck came in. We talked about the success on the HMS Jersey, but when I mentioned how useful he'd be sending me anything I needed, he broke some bad news. Aleck has been arrested, and I am to be taken into custody. He had convinced them to let him talk to me and explain (in my 'ill' condition) what was going on. Then, he'll say I escaped before he could stop me. So here's what's going on. Somebody from the mostly-disbanded HUNGRY organization is trying to make a last stand. In a desperate move, There are two charges (excuses, I should say). The first, escaping from Federal custody when we were in Africa and needed to escape so we could continue following the bad guys. The seconds shows exactly how cunning and ruthless HUNGRY is; for the attempted murder of millions of people by finding the cookie, which is now known to have a virus-like substance capable of changing it's own genetic and chemical makeup to its host, and then reproducing as the thing (in this case, the cookie) that it is based in. They are actually saying that it was all planned by us on purpose. Of course, both charges are absurd. We were granted a Presidential pardon for escaping from the jail, and the idea that we knew about the cookie's dangers is ridiculous. Unfortunately, Aleck can not escape this time. I, however, was not yet in custody. He explained extensively how the time machine works, so I can use it effectively now. When I asked him what he was going to do, his usually emotionless face looked almost indignant, "I'm Aleck Smart. I'll find a way to escape." He said he'd escape right now, but he can't find an easy way of doing it without risking hurting somebody, and he'd never hurt a good guy. But he's sure he can escape the prison, though it'd perhaps take a few days. That's good to know; that he'll be there, even if not immediately. But for now, I'm on my own. I'm currently heading towards Videau's bridge at the appropriate time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment