They searched me, but not nearly well enough, completely missing my FBI laptop. They led me to the Captain's cabin of the ship that had provided reinforcments, which was now heading out to sea. Two guard were stationed at the door. The captain had a stern look, but his eyes were smiling at us. "You know, I must hand it to you, Mr.-,"
"Gregory," I filled in for him, "the name's Gregory."
"Mr. Gregory, you did quite well in your little excursion. You almost had a chance. You'd make a good...first mate"
"Mr. Gregory, you did quite well in your little excursion. You almost had a chance. You'd make a good...first mate"
"It's not over yet, Mr-,"
"That would be Captain."
"That's an opinion, Captain-,"
"Edmond Crunch...Why are you laughing."
"Sorry, I couldn't help it. It's not over yet, Captain Crunch." and with that, a stick of dynamite appeared at the Captain's desk."
"Where'd that come from?" (famous last words.) The blast was suffice enough to cause the necessary diversion. With the captain injured, if not dead, the two guards rushed to his aid.
"That's an opinion, Captain-,"
"Edmond Crunch...Why are you laughing."
"Sorry, I couldn't help it. It's not over yet, Captain Crunch." and with that, a stick of dynamite appeared at the Captain's desk."
"Where'd that come from?" (famous last words.) The blast was suffice enough to cause the necessary diversion. With the captain injured, if not dead, the two guards rushed to his aid.
One bomb, and one time machine fell to the floor at my feet. The bomb was ticking, the machine had a post-it note on it; "press here" and an arrow. I was saved. Travelling through time just in the nick of time. No, the operation went nothing like it was supposed to, but it was successful. Oleck and his father are safe, and Aleck had the sense to send me to a modern-day hospital, where I am being cared for. I'm laughing as I type this, but now I have to go back! The mad scientist still has Ben, Aleck still hasn't found out where he sent him, and I don't trust the mad scientist to keep Oleck or his dad safe from danger.
So I'd say this isn't over yet, but, well, that'd be an understatement. This is just the beginning. Back to the Battle of Videau's Bridge.
No comments:
Post a Comment