The circumstances represented on this website are fictional and intended for entertainment purposes only.

August 10, 2009

Confrontation

Alright, so I came back and stopped this Commander Cobalt character before he could escape. He didn't dare stand up to my rifle. Now, a key to having success when trying to get information out of someone is to have good presence. This requires making the first statement:
"You," we both said it with disgust, at the same time. So I guess we tied on that.
"Why are holding Oleck Smart and his son captive?" I asked bitterly.
"Revenge,"
"Why? What'd they do to you?"
"Them?" he laughed softly, "it's you I'm after."
"Why?"
"For destroying my brother-in-law's ship."
Now, in cases of misunderstandings, one is best off taking as much of an advantage over one's opponent's mistake to get as much as possible from it, "Then you have the wrong man," I said craftily, "so you might as well let them both go, apologize for your mistake, and join the Revolutionaries to end this dreadful war."
"No, you are Gregory, are you not?"
"I am,"
"You also go under Vanderdecken12?"
"That is also correct."
"And on July 4th, 1782, you blew Captain Edmund Crunch's ship out of the water with futuristic explosives."
Ah, so not a case of mistaken identity. I guess Aleck sent more explosives than just that stick of dynamite, "it was necessary to make sure you Brits lose the war."
"Your cause is hopeless. We shall win."
"History says otherwise. You see, I am from the future..." I stopped. He'd mentioned futuristic explosives!
"Yes, I know. We know all about you. Robert Simmons told me about you."
"Who?"
"Robert Simmons. You've probably seen him. You remember? He looks really ominous..." he prodded.
"Oh, him. He's from the future too?"
"Yes,"
"It's no matter." I shook my head, "Whatever primitave methods of time-travel he has, he will be unable to match me, and Oleck and his father will soon be free." then I paused, "wait, how come you're telling me all this?"
"Because it doesn't matter."
"Huh?"
"You are in a corner, trapped, able to do but one thing; attempt to save you friends. You need them alive."
"But I can kill you."
He shrugged, "if you do, one of your friends will die."
I hate hostage scenarios.
"I'll be going now," he tipped his hat.
I lowered my rifle.
"Oh, I almost forgot." he smiled mischiveiously, "You have 120 hours before we kill our prisoners."

No comments: