The Spooners got here today. Yeah, funny name, huh? They have five kids. Also my oldest uncle got here, who has three kids. So the ten year old Spooner, Sammy suggested we play cops and robbers. I was preoccupied at the time thinking about Vanderdecken, so I sat out.
"Why don't you want to play?" 7 year old Danny Simmons asked.
"Is it booooring?" asked 12 year old Sandy Spooner, who obviously thought it was.
I shook my head, "it's just that I've done the real thing."
"Huh?" Timmy Simmons, 9, asked quizzically.
Six year old Sally Spooner, however, was one step ahead of him, "Were you the cops, or the robbers?"
I looked at her mischievously, "the robber."
"Did you get caught?" Joey Simmons, 11 asked.
"Yup."
"Then what happened?" Joey asked.
I squited my eyes for optimal effect, "I escaped."
"No way!" all were in awe.
It feels strange to be the one everybody views as the cool kid.
December 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment