December 14, 2009
Cranberries
OK, so like I said, I have about 30 cousins on my dad's side alone. My grandparents had, like, 10 kids. And, of course, they have a huge house. Mansion is a better world, except it's kind of typical of "grandparent's houses" where it's sort of stuffy in certain places. Of course, I got used to it, but it kind of surprised me when I got back after so long. So I get this huge big house to myself most of the time. But come December, some family members fly down and live here for a week or two. And of course, almost everybody comes down every night to get together for dinner. Yeah, almost 50 people. "Group number 1" arrives tomorrow, actually. So the most exciting thing that happened to me today was to make cranberries in an oil drum. Making cranberries is something I do every year, and it made me feel at home again. As if life is normal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment