But confrontation is what I do best. So we time traveled to 2025 and found Gregory. His group of newly appointed minions had recently consumed the cookie and were present. I decided to go bold, "Gregory, you were wrong."
"Wrong?" Gregory mechanically turned his head toward me.
"You were wrong to seize control. You'd lost your mind. You aren't yourself. You've changed into a hideous beast."
"Vanderdecken12!" Ben shouted out, "it's me. Remember me?"
"Ben, you betrayed me. This other fellow has tricked you."
"No I haven't Gregory, you have." I needed to switch tactics, "You recently lifted one regulation, did you not?"
"You are correct."
"And that regulation was one banning music, am I wrong?"
"You are not wrong."
"Why?"
"Because it improved efficiency, surprisingly."
"Isn't it possible you were wrong in other, even more serious areas."
"Perhaps." And for a second, a split second, Vanderdecken creeped back to the surface, but Gregory pushed him down again, "but overall, I have done much good."
"You're wrong!" Ben shouted desperately, but it was too late. The Vanderdecken part had sunk deeper than it'd ever gone before.
"Ben, you're not going to like this." I whispered. "Gregory, tell me your password, the one we need to use a time machine on you."
"I will never tell you my password."
"Then you leave me no choice." I took a deep breath, and then did what had to be done.
November 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment