What Peter did was pull out that knife I'd forgotten he had (the one sharper than anything known to man) and put it on my neck, holding me tightly so I couldn't escape.
"If you want Ben to live, you'll tell your password. And I'll know if you're lying." He said it with such force that I think even Gregory believed his bluff. I certainly did. Gregory panicked for a moment, but then regained his composure. He looked at me reassuringly.
"Benjamin, you will die for a good cause." I was stunned.
Luckily, Peter was bluffing, but he also had a backup plan. He charged at Gregory, being met by all the minions surrounding him. They were firing on him with their pistols, but Peter kept charging forward, slaying each of them with his dagger, until it was only the three of us remaining. "Game over, Gregory. This knife can cut through anything the cookie can put up. And I'm invincible too."
"Then I'll die before I tell you."
"And I'll go back and kill you in 2017, then smear your legacy for the rest of my long, long life."
That did it. Appealing to logic, emotion, friendship, and even threats of death didn't work. But destroying one's legacy, that's what maniacs in power fear the most. And it did the trick. Gregory gave up the password, and we left.
November 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment