When the trip finally ended 24 hours after we had begun it, we were, once again, right before the battle of Lexington started. "I'm starting to think," Einstein mused, "that it has to do with what hour we're going to, not what day." Then he pointed across the 'street', though it can hardly be called a street compared to what we are used to, and we saw, to my amazement, two figures come into view, one him, and one me. Both behind a bush; the same bush that we had been behind the first time. We watched ourselves having the conversation about where we were, and what he was doing, and then, right as Ludwig, or, the first Ludwig, I should say, checked his watch to see what time it was, one more person came into being, taking out a portion of the wall. Then I came into view, or the second me, anyway. And just as the first Ludwig pointed his gun at the sky, the second Ludwig shot the British soldier, and the war was begun. The first and second Ludwig were looking at the b
attle in bewilderment, not realizing the other was doing, or had already done, or something, I'm so confused the same thing, and then the first pair of us ran off as the red coat, whom we had just seen die, chased after us. Einstein watched in amusement, but then someone tapped my
shoulder. I turned, and there was the mad scientist again! I looked back at the one who was watching the other two, and then to the one who had tapped my
shoulder. The most recent Ludwig, or, the fourth one, signaled to me to be quiet, and then, showed me to, well, myself, who nodded in astonishment. Then the new Ludwig typed a date into his time machine and disappeared.
"So," I said, without realizing that the Ludwig who was still here hadn't noticed, "we can just keep coming back to the same time, and duplicating ourselves?"
"Yes, but I'm not sure as to the result if we contacted each other. It might create an eternal paradox that could destroy the whole world! Or even the universe! But let's try it." and he typed in a time and location, and hit enter. So now I'm still floating. It's been almost 24 hours again, so we should be almost to where he's taking us.
No comments:
Post a Comment