The circumstances represented on this website are fictional and intended for entertainment purposes only.

June 24, 2009

Back

The haze went away in early morning again, and the still-unconscious British soldier and I fell, this time from only five feet in the air, and landed with a good thump. Einstein was staring at the sun, leaning on the side of the building we had almost ran into, and counting on his fingers as I rolled the soldier off me, and caught my breathe, "What happened to the wall of the building?" I asked, staring at a gaping hole in it.
"That's where I landed."
"Then where'd the wall go?"
"Probably to the place we just left. I, I just can't understand it. It took almost twenty-four hours to get here."
"Where is here, exactly?"
"Oh, I haven't checked." he began to look down at his watch, but the soldier woke up, and grabbed for the revolver on his belt. Without thinking, the mad scientist pulled his handgun out and shot the soldier. I backed away in shocked relief that I hadn't been the one to receive the bullet. The shot echoed for quite a while and then we noticed, the echo wasn't going away! In fact, it was getting louder. We looked around the corner of the building and, to our astonishment, two lines of soldiers were firing at each other. It was the exact same scene as yesterday!
"By golly, it's 5 AM on the 19th of April, 1775. But, but that means...I just fired the shot heard 'round the world!"
I looked at the Red-coat lying on the ground, and back at Ludwig, then at the soldiers fighting, "that's weird."
"Yes, yes it is. I must have punched in the exact same time, and close to the exact same location as it was before! I must have a closer look. Let's go back a 5 minutes." and he set his watch again, "See you in a little while." he said. But, yet again, it was not a little while. And I'm still floating here, waiting.

No comments: